Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A little of this, a little of that

This post is indicative of how I live my days.  Hoping from pillar to post, a little of this, a little of that.

Let’s start with the weather.  The sun finally decided to grace us with its presence.  It has arrived too late to heat the day however.  We did laundry today, but we skipped the sheets.  Those will wait for a day when the sun gets up with us.  So, here we are, June 16 and look what is keeping us warm.CIMG0475

And, when there is a nice warm fire going there will surely be a dawg resting near.

CIMG0476

Pooh is in her thirteenth year and seems to enjoy being olde.  No more responsibilities.  Let that damn cat scare the intruders away.  Pooh is stone deaf, the intruder would have to make the floor vibrate before she would notice.

I thought I would share pictures of the buttercup cousins who live in our garden.

CIMG0463

CIMG0462

One is a common garden field variety and the other is the city cousin from the plant place.  I like them both equally as well.

We had a fun time at our World Wide Knit in Public event.  We held it at our usual Southwick Knit-in location, The Daily Grind.  There was a Children’s event there at the same time. 

It was such a nice day we settled in under the shade of a lovely white birch, right next to a Llama.  What could have been more fitting? 

As I was rushing around, trying to remember everything, I decided that I didn’t want to spend four or five hours knitting on my current project – a sock.  I took a quick look at some patterns and found Wonderful Wallaby.  We all know that I’ve got lots of yarn to choose from, don’t we?  There, right under my nose were two full skeins of Bernat denimstyle in Weathered Rose.  There were also four small balls which probably equaled a half-skein.

That was Saturday, it’s Tuesday afternoon and I’m at the neck opening on a size 2 wanda.  It’s a fast knit, and the only problem so far is that I forgot to remember that the underarm stitches ‘should’ be taken off on yarn and not stitch holders.  The stitch holders just make the next few rows more difficult to knit and cause the stitches at each end to stretch out.  Make a note on pattern for next time.   TADA

CIMG0001

How do your tomatoes grow?

CIMG0464

Note:  objects taken close up look a lot larger than they actually are.