Sunday, June 02, 2013

Oh my, what hot weather.  We were in jackets and jeans last weekend and this weekend it's in the 90's.  Guess we won't need a fire to warm us up tonight.

Yesterday I went to watch alpaca sheared.  I've previously watched sheep shearing, but never alpaca.  Very interesting.  It was so hot I felt sorry for the crew and for that matter for the alpaca.  I can't help but wonder if they are cooler without the fiber on them.

Of course I fell in love with the fiber, in particular a very dark brown, a white and a maple color.  I'm sure that the fiber will have to be graded and whatever before it is priced, but I might try to be first in line.

On September 7, I am spinning at Granby Open Farm days at the alpaca farm.  I am hoping to get and process at least a white fleece for my demo.